So Alexis is over 2 1/2 and we have been growing her bangs out which I so stupidly cut about a year and a half ago. She has amazingly smooth hair, for which I am truly jealous, however it is as straight as a pin. Consequently, despite curling her bangs within a couple of hours they look like she has had water dumped on them. So we (I) decided we would just solve this problem and get rid of them. All was going well, until the last two days when she decided to cut them!!! The first cut was somewhat bad but could be hid with a little effort. Then last night I hear arguing between her and a friend we were watching and I found her with scissors and she had cut her hair to the scalp.
Isn't it attractive.
Here is a close-up of the damage.When Karissa was 2 she cut her hair but was kind enough to just cut the bottom so we were able to style it into a cute bob. As for this, I have no idea what to do. This is my current solution.

It doesn't hide it completely, but maybe it takes the attention off it??? Any other ideas?

3 comments:
Start all over?
I remember being a little older, maybe 5ish, and wanting bangs, so I cut them myself-to the scalp-and then trying to glue them back on. I still remember looking into the mirror and realizing that my mom was going to kill me when she saw what I had done. What a funny memory to have from that little.
In my professional opinion, ;) you should style it just like normal and any time someone sees her they will think, "Oh poor girl, she got a hold of the scissors and cut her own hair, and Poor mom too." I think it is pretty normal and I'm sure Sara will some day do it as well. It makes for good pictures to throw into the wedding video someday.
Why is it that little boys never seem to have that same attraction to scissors as little girls with beautiful long hair do!?
I have no suggestions, but I'm looking forward to pictures of what you decide!
:-)
Post a Comment