Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A wonderful day

This last week Brandon went on a hike to the "White Clouds" up near the Idaho-Montana border with my Dad, Brother-in-law, and a couple other guys. Basically, it is about as high as you can go in Idaho. From one point they could see the highest mountain in Idaho, Mt. Borat. Unfortunately, we don't have those photos yet because he took his film camera since it is cheaper to replace should something happen (which it did the first year he went backpacking). When he gets the 28 rolls developed we will post some of them, until then this is what we did while he was gone.

The kids and I went to Idaho. I wasn't quite up to being home for 4 days with the kids without help. Originally we planned to stay with my mom, however, her plans changed and she went to Cedar City to visit her parents so I went to my sister, Melissa's, in Idaho Falls. Two of the days we let the kids play in the water, and we were wishing we could because it was so hot. They had a lot of fun with their cousins. Melissa also had a lot of fun with Brandon's digital SLR camera. I don't know if my brother-in-law likes me very much because Melissa now NEEDS one. She decided she liked how fast the camera took photos and how nice they were. Here are a bunch of photos from the day, mostly taken by her while I held Spencer.

One of his "practice" smiles while sleeping. Alexis got the first real smile at 3-1/2 weeks, then a toy zebra got the next two. Finally, last Friday he gave me one.

I love this photo of Karissa.
Andrew spying on us.
Melissa had a mat that sprayed water up and Alexis decided she was thirsty. Don't you love the water droplets.

The kids also took turns jumping into the pool to see what kind of splash they could make.
Andrew looks too old in this photo.

The process of the jump.

1 comment: