Monday, September 29, 2008

Karissa was baptized

On Saturday Karissa was baptized. We are so proud of her! It was the perfect end to the most crazy month. Between birthdays, canning, Brandon going on a trip this last week, a Daddy-daughter Date I was in charge of last Friday and a myriad of other things we have been pulled from all sides. Saturday was just what we/I needed.

Here is Karissa and her dad, she is wearing the dress my sister, Jennifer, made for her daughter and we are now starting a tradition of all the Wankier Granddaughters wearing it when they are baptized.

Here she is in her Sunday dress I made for her baptism.

We had all the cousins -- what a treat!

Afterward, we came home and had frito pie for lunch and celebrated both Andrew & Karissa's birthdays with family.
Andrew with his new legos.

Karissa with a lighthouse from Grandpa Eames' collection, saved just for her 8th birthday.

Karissa's "Bear Blanket" made by Grandma Wankier.

After lunch we shot rockets until we were almost out of engines and the boys got to go shopping at the sporting goods store. To top the day off, my mom and sisters and I went to the General Women's Meeting together. What a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Yeehaw said...

AHHH! Isn't it strange that we have girls that old? I've always listened to people talk about these days going by so fast and thought they were crazy, but having an 8 year old makes me stop and see... ya, they do grow up so fast!