Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Campout

Brandon and the 3 older kids went on a camp out last Thurs-Saturday with Brandon's family. Spencer and I stayed home for Thursday and part of Friday and then went to the "Annual Girl's Weekend" with my sisters and mom where we scrapbooked my Mom's 2 Hawiian vacations. Let's just say the house was very quiet before I left. I don't think I realized how loud our house is. That said, one day was great to be in practical solitude and it was nice to leave for company.

Meanwhile, Brandon and the kids had to hunt for a campground -- they got the last one, and then spent much of the weekend in the rain. And to prove that it wasn't camping with my family, they actually brought many of the treats home that they took.

This was breakfast on Saturday morning. Notice all the clothes trying to dry. This was taken before it started to snow. Needless to say they picked up and left.

Other highlights:

Andrew falling in the Provo River

Andrew catching a fish, after which he exclaimed: "I LOVE FISHING!"

Karissa loves catching fish

As long as she doesn't have to do anything with them.
Our cousin Brayden in the Provo river. He came up with Grandma ahead of his family.

Andrew at the River

A scenic view taken by Brandon:

Not a lot of photos were taken of Alexis since she was glued to Brandon most of the time. She has decided she is not a big fan of outhouses and I think she kind of wishes she had waited to be potty trained until the end of August. By the time they left Saturday morning she was saying over and over, "I'm cold and I want to go home!"

That said, they all told me how much fun they had and want to go camping and fishing (especially Andrew) soon -- as long as it doesn't rain.

No comments: