I have a confession -- I hate my kids in school. I love that they get to learn, I love that they love school, I have no desire to home school, but I really don't like that during school time they are gone from home longer than they are home. And that there is a large part of their day that I don't know anything about unless they choose to tell me. This year especially I am really bummed because I am losing my best helpers. I feel summer has just started and it is ending and 2 of my friends are leaving. I also don't like the schedule, one of the reasons I like staying home is that I get to set my schedule and school really messes with it. I don't just get to take off to visit family on a whim and everything has to be done based on when kids are in school.
Now that I got that off my chest, I do have to say that today was an exciting day. Alexis started preschool and Andrew started Kindergarten. Alexis goes just once a week for 2 hours in the morning and Andrew has afternoon kindergarten so once a week it will just be me and the boys for a couple hours which is nice. Then Andrew gets some one on one time which I have to admit I am not really great at doing. They were both excited and I am excited for them to have this new experience. Here they are all dressed up in their new school clothes.
So handsome, don't ya think?
This is Alexis' only school shirt and it is her favorite, since it is green with a dog.
No comments:
Post a Comment