Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sardines

I love Family Night.  I have a strong testimony of both its importance in teaching children the gospel and in strengthening a family.  That said, I also love Family Night because I think it is fun, most of the time.  Last Monday night Karissa had the activity and suggested Hide & Seek.  I gave her the idea of playing Sardines.  For those who don't know about Sardines it is basically Hide & Seek in reverse.  One person hides and everyone looks for them and when you find them you hide with them.  The last person to find them is "it" next and hides.  Anyway, it was our last round and Brandon and I were being a little slow and when I found the kids they were in the bathroom with towels over their heads.
I thought it was so funny I ran and to get the camera.  Brandon saw me leave and knew I had found them so I told him what I found then got the camera went and took the picture and we waited for Brandon to "find" us.  It seemed to take forever..  And then we saw this coming through the door:
THE BLANKET MONSTER as we call it in the family.  He came in to surprise the kids.  They loved it.  Especially when he "roared"
 
Isn't Family Night great!

No comments: