For her party this year she wanted a Mary Poppins movie party. This is the easiest party I have thrown. When they (9 girls) arrived they drew chalk pictures like Burt's in Mary Poppins. And then they opened presents (lets just say we are now well versed in "Webkins") and ate cake & ice cream.
Her umbrella Gluten-free cake, everyone got a piece. Now to freeze the remaining in portion sizes for other birthday parties and lunches.
Here they are trying to be cute.
Then I asked them to make funny faces:
Notice there isn't too much difference.
The biggest surprise of the night was Karissa losing another tooth while eating Swedish Fish.
Not sure how she eats, I don't think she has many teeth left in her mouth. I think 4 are currently growing in.
When it came time to go home they each got a "carpet bag" that I made from some upholstery samples I got years ago.
Each item had a Mary Poppins related not. The chalk: "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"; the candy corn: "Feed the Birds, Two pence a bag. Two Pence, Two Pence, Two Pence a bag"; and the pixie stix: "A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down."
Even though I can hardly believe Karissa is 9, and that the party was a little crazy, I loved listening to her with her friends and how they all played so well and got along. I remembered being their age and how much fun it was just to be a kid.







1 comment:
Happy Birthday Karissa! I can't believe she is 9 as well. I love the theme and the gift bag. Very clever!
Post a Comment