Sunday, September 20, 2009

Andrew has "Transformed" to 6

Yesterday was Andrew's 6th birthday.  I know, I can hardly believe it either, but he is.  Since he is obsessed with Transformers Animated we had a "Transformers Animated" party.  I wish I could take credit for the ideas, but I was very inspired by someone else's Transformer party  activities from birthdaypartyideas.com.  When they arrived I gave each of them an envelope each with a different picture of an autobot (good transformer) in his vehicle or dinobot form.  Then I told them that the "allspark" had been stolen by the decepticons (bad transformers) and they had to get it back.  First they needed to complete 4 missions to transform their transformer into the robot form (there were 4 puzzle pieces they got to put together of the robot form in the envelope) and then would get the instructions on how to find the allspark.  First they had to bomb Blitzwing (decepticon)


Basically taking black water balloons and throwing them at a laminated poster of blitzwing I made.


Notice the balloons all over the ground.  They had a blast!

Then we had to "ice" Megatron (leader of the decepticons).  They lined up and took turns filling a cup with ice from a large bowl

and then running it down to another bowl and dumping it on megatron


We kept telling them that Megatron was going to get loose and they had to hurry.  They were very concerned and started hurrying. 

Then they got "infected" and had to get some medicine.  Which, of course, was cake and ice cream.

 
Notice the broken purple "decepticon" side and the well built "autobot" side -- I got the figures from the grocery store bakery.

After eating cake they then had to get energy and draw a blue marble out of a bowl of soapy water.  Most of the marbles were white.  Then they got to put their puzzles together then go on a treasure hunt for the "allspark" (glow sticks).  Even though I absolutely had no time to plan this party with canning this week (peaches, pears, salsa, tomatoes, freezing peppers, attending a reception in Salt Lake, writing a talk for today, etc) it turned out so fun and the boys had such a blast. Most importantly Andrew had fun and loved it.

4 comments:

Mel said...

Looks like tons of fun. I'll have to keep that one in mind.

sallyavena said...

Your parties always look like so much fun. You do a great job with them! Happy birthday Andrew

Stephanie said...

Want to plan a 2 year old party in November? Those ideas are all SO cute!

Natalie said...

Sure I'll plan a party, I'll just do what I always do -- COPY!