Anyway, this last September they checked his eyes at school and they discovered that one eye was better than the other. When I told my Mom she suggested we take him straight to an Opthamologist (the MD that does surgery on eyes) because he probably had "lazy eye" (like me and my Mom) and we would end up there anyway. So when we took him they checked his "blurry eye" (his words after the school nurses pointed out he had one) and asked him to read the letters in a mirror in front of him. He said he couldn't see them. They kept doing bigger letters and bigger letters and he couldn't read them. So I figured maybe he doesn't know what he is looking for. Or maybe he isn't sure about the letters, even though I know he knows them. Finally they got to the big "E" and he yells out "E!" and I realized I should have had him in MUCH sooner. Especially when he read the bottom line with his other eye on the first try. So we searched for glasses he liked. Our first stop was an Optician (dispenses glasses) outside the eye doctor, but they just had one pair that looked like a boy and was the right shape for his face, so we left. We went to 2 more places before we found someplace with enough quality frames for boys and found him some glasses.
Today they called and we picked them up. I brought Brandon along since my Mom said it is fun to put glasses on kids who have bad vision. He, of course, brought the camera along. Andrew was funny, when the optician put the glasses on he kept closing his bad eye not really sure what he was seeing.
He has a HUGE prescription in his right lens and regular glass in the left. He is also VERY farsighted in his bad eye so the lens magnifies his eye a bit, as if his eyes weren't big enough already.
Here is before:
Stay tuned -- Karissa gets her's next week.




2 comments:
Look how handsome he is!!! Maybe it's just me but I love the way little boys look in glasses. I'm glad they are able to do something to help him. And good luck with keeping them not broken!
Yikes! 2 kids getting glasses at once. Get the bendable frames...it's worth it.
Post a Comment