This fall we enrolled Karissa in a community ed gymnastics class and yesterday they got an opportunity to show us what they learned. Karissa learned a lot, and so did I. She learned how to do a back walkover with help, one handed cartwheels, cartwheels from the knee, delayed cartwheels (you wait a moment before putting your hands down as you do the cartwheel so you are suspended for a brief moment in the air) to name a few. I learned that while she got her flexibility from me (I can still touch the floor and almost put my hand flat) there is nothing else in the way she moves that has anything to do with me. She is elegant, has excellent balance, very precise and she has legs that seem to go on forever. Where did she come from????? Anyway, here are a couple of photos. They are blurry because Brandon didn't want to use the flash, but you get the idea anyway.
While I could do a bridge at one time, they never looked like this.
Cool Shot
Equally awesome shot. If only it was sharper.
No comments:
Post a Comment