Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Flashes from the past

Today I decided to organize all my digital photos so I could find what I needed easier. (I'm sure it is associated to nesting, but that is a different post altogether). As I went through the last approx 4 years of photos and tagged them with the appropriate people, occasions, places, and other tags I had come up with I came across a few photos I had completely forgotten. which isn't suprising considering it is Brandon taking photos. They were so fantastic to my memory I am sharing, if only to remind myself how time goes by.
This is Andrew when he was about 20 months. You have to love the hair. The best part is that he still has the same look, and Brandon still has the same hat.

This was taken at my sister's wedding when Karissa turned 5. Notice the roll, I am sure she ate as many as she could get her hands on. We didn't worry about food or whether she could eat what was served. So nice. On the other hand, this photo was taken approx the time her celiac "switch" flipped on and this roll was probably causing problems we wouldn't find for a year and a half. Oh the joy of ignorance.

As I was doing this Alexis came up to watch, she loves looking at photos, and I asked her who this was. She said, "Me!" I then showed her another in this series (there are about 10 with Karissa & her doll) and asked again, and she said, "Me" only a little less sure. This continued for a couple more photos until she said, "Karissa?"

And in case there is any question if the girls look alike, here they are. Karissa is 5 and Alexis 3 in the photos, but Alexis is now wearing the clothes Karissa wore then so I figure it is a good comparison. In fact, she has grown out of the shirt Karissa is wearing in the photo.

2 comments:

Mel said...

I love looking at old pictures. It always brings back so many memories. And I guess you are right, the girls really do look alike. :)

sallyavena said...

Cute! I loved Andrew's curls!!
What do you use to organize your photos? When you tag them, can you make a seperate file for only those tagged with a certain thing? I'm trying to organize my pics as well and want to get some pictures printed to put in the kids albums. Ideally, I would like to just take the ones tagged specifically to go into their albums and export only each kids at a time to get printed. Is that possible and do you even get what I'm saying? I haven't figured out how to do it yet. Right now I'm moving them to individual folders labled for each kid, but its a little tedious.