Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Any time now . . .

Five or six years ago I was at my Grandma Matheson's home and she was going through her fabric for some reason. Anyway, she had this piece that had all these cute animals playing instruments that I told her I loved and she told me to take it. Since then I have wanted to make a baby quilt with it, but couldn't figure out how to make it look girly for Alexis so it continued to sit in my quilt fabric waiting for the day it could be a quilt. Once we found out we were having a boy I knew I what fabric I was going to use. The one problem, I have used the same pattern for all the other kids baby quilts

Karissa's, Alexis', & Andrew's baby quilts

and I couldn't figure out a cute way to make this fabric work, expecially since I needed 9" blocks to accomodate the larger animals. So my mom and I came up with a new pattern.

The goal, to finish the quilt before the baby came. I had yet to do this (Alexis was over a year before she got hers) and I was determined. And as luck would have it I finished.

Aren't the animals cute??

So now the baby can come any time and my list is complete. I am being induced on Monday (22nd), but maybe the baby could come tonight???? (Not that I'm holding my breath)

6 comments:

sallyavena said...

I was to be induced with Sophia, which I was not looking forward to after being induced with Ethan. I went out with some friends for lunch and they had me laughing so hard(plus they had paid for the babysitter so I could go sans kids). That night I went into labor. I was to be induced the next day. It could happen.

sallyavena said...

Oh and I love the quilts!!! I still remember you making Karissa's.

Mel said...

Very cute, now go mop your floor! June 18th would be a wonderful birthday!

vfg said...

W O W.

So on-the-ball.

And I love a good grandma find.

amd said...

The baby quilt is gorgeous. Good Luck with the baby. I been making baby quilts too, but they are not for me.

Michelle said...

Cute quilt. I'm impressed. I love the bright colors. Good luck - I'm excited to see him!