Sunday, March 29, 2009

It's the Birthday Girl!

Three years ago yesterday we were blessed and shocked with a beautiful 10lb 1oz baby girl with a head full of dark brown hair. After a few not so great days in the NICU Alexis came home to our family and has been making us smile and surprising us all the time.

Yesterday we celebrated her birthday with Grandma & Grandpa W and her cousins. My sister, Jennifer, is having her baby on Wednesday and thought it best not to make the trip so the kids came with Grandma & Grandpa. Alexis is very much into kittys and she wanted a kitty cake. She even informed me which of her kittys the cake should look like.

The birthday girl blowing out her 3 candles.

One of her favorite things is her "twirly dress" I made Karissa a few years back. Since she is always wanting to wear it I figured I'd make her a new one. I actually cut out two but only had time to finish one -- next weeks project. She also has a Dora doll she loves so we dreamed up a dress for her as well. Grandma also made Dora a dress, lucky Dora.
Don't they look cute. I have been informed, however, that the dress is too long, so tomorrow it is being shortened a bit.

The cute girl herself. Gotta love her!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Happy Birthday Alexis. Such a cute girl. Sorry we weren't able to make it. The kids were especially sad, but are looking forward to a trip down to bring back your bed.

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Girlie!!