On Sunday we went down to visit Brandon's family. It was nice, we haven't been down for a while, between crazy lives and illness. For the first time all of the kids were playing together and seeming to have a good time. It was wonderful. I was so happy that everyone was included. Then Andrew came in crying. They were playing Bucking Broncos, with the 12-year old cousin being the Bronco and Andrew got "bucked." He was crying a lot so we knew he was hurt. But once we gave him some ibuprofen and some ice he felt better. That night he slept upstairs on the couch so if he needed us, which he did. When his ice would melt he would want some more. Monday morning he was feeling a lot better, and it only hurt when he moved the wrong way, but I took him in "just in case". Turned out just in case was right, he had broken his collar bone.
So now he is in a butterfly brace for a month. I have to admit sending him to school is SO hard for me. If it was in a cast I probably wouldn't worry so much, but it is still causing him pain and there is nothing to protect it. Yesterday when I dropped him off he was almost in tears as we got to the school from pain (I had given him ibuprofen before we left) and I asked if he wanted to just go home. His response, "Why?" I then told him if it still hurt after his reading groups (the first thing of the day) he could tell his teacher and come home. Which he didn't of course, but as his mom, I just want him to stay home and sit on the couch for the next month!
Got to love having BOYS!
1 comment:
The cast doesn't ease a mamma's heart much either. I sent Ethan on a 12 hour field trip with one arm in a half cast(to the elbow) and one to his armpit with a sling and I practically worried myself sick all day. The pain part worried me the most. I guess the difference in worries is part of the difference in boys and girls.
Post a Comment