Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Our future

We have been asked several times if we know what the future holds, and the fact is, we don't.  However, we are getting closer.  Brandon has officially started a job search. Brandon has some students that got jobs at Sandia National Lab in Albuquerque (I am still learning how to spell this) and passed on his CV (PhD resume).  They called a few weeks ago looking to recruit him.  Thus the start of the job search.  We like the idea of Albuquerque right now, first of all if we have to move it is closer than the other options.  Plus, everything they do is classified so he as to leave work at work -- not sure what that life is like but we are interested in trying it out.  There are still a few opportunities to stay here at USU either as a Lecturer or a researcher, however neither one looks like the best career option right now, but that could change.  There is also a possibility to move back to Nashville, but we hear that involves an insane number of hours working right now.  That said, it is a place we know and love and already have friends there that we miss terribly.  Brandon is also looking into other opportunities around the state and elsewhere.  Hopefully by the end of the month we will finally have an answer to our forever question. 

Last January Brandon and I really felt we were suppose to move this last summer.  Such an idea was more than I could take most of the time and I begged and pleaded with the Lord to help me (having a baby and moving the same month would NOT have been a good idea for me mentally).  While I don't know if we are going to end up moving, I really feel that the decision was put off for me, for which we are truly grateful.

So when we know what we are doing we will let everyone know.

3 comments:

sallyavena said...

We had some friends that worked in Alb. (I can't spell it either), NM and love it there. Come to think of it...he is a computer guy too. Now they work in the Houston area.
Isn't having 14everything up in the air just fun?

Natalie said...

Lovin' it!

Pearson Family said...

We'd love to have you in Iowa so look for jobs here. Infact, bring the family and stay with us while Brandon interviews in the area.